Glamie's

Friday, July 1, 2011

Benefit Cha Cha Tint



What it is:
A mango-tinted lip and cheek stain.

What it does:

This mango-tinted stain beautifully blushes lips and cheeks with a tropical sunset hue. Smooch-proof and smudge-proof, this sheer stain will have you looking deliciously sun-kissed for hours.
Described as a “mango-tinted lip & cheek stain.” It has the same feel and formula as Posietint (in contrast to Benetint, which doesn’t look creamy or milky). Though it looks rather bright and orange when you initially remove the applicator, it’s a much subtler color when used. It’s a very gentle blushing of peach with orange underpinnings (no pink here!). I patted the color on my cheeks with about three light pats, then lightly blended with my fingertips.

This is a great product for summer months when the weather gets hot, activities head outdoors, and traveling picks up. It wears all day (12 hours) as a soft, peachy flush and really does look natural–just as a stain should. What’s nice about Benefit’s Cha Cha Tint formula is that there is just enough to blend it out without having to worry about waiting for it to dry. It works well over or underfoundation as well as on bare skin. If you plan to wear it under foundation, just remember you’ll want to build the color up to slightly more than what you want, as foundation over it will mute some of the color, depending on the coverage level of your foundation.
The texture is that thickened water–it’s relatively thin and liquidy. The color is buildable by layering the color or applying more (again, I used three soft, tiny dots of color on my cheeks). It won’t get quite as intense as the color looks in the heavier swatch, but the formula is supposed to be sheer and add just a flush to skin.
It can also be used on lips, and it works well there–better than Posietint for me. It added a surprising amount of color to my lips, though; kind of a brighter, apricot pink. Because of my natural lip color, the color it tints my lips isn’t quite the same as my cheeks! It wore well on lips, too–about eight hours.

Thoughts- I really like the Benefit tints because they are quick and easy for summer and always help make you look alive and healthy! Cha Cha Tint is a pretty universal shade I think it looks great on fair skin and would probably look amazing on much darker skin as well.

Fun Facts about Benefit Tint — 10 million bottles of Benetint have been sold in over 35 countries since its initial release back in 1977. Today, Benefit sells one every minute (they’ve probably sold about two of them while you’ve been reading). Their second tint, Posietint, has only been around since 2008.

Pricing-$29 For 0.42 oz

Rated-5 Out Of 5


2 comments:

  1. I got a sample of Posietint with my recent Benefit purchase - I'm loving it the more that I use it :) I'm think about purchasing the full size product! Great review :)

    <3 Sidd

    ReplyDelete