Glamie's

Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY: Makeup Setting Spray For Oily/Combo Skin

I have the oiliest skin ever, my makeup starts melting minutes after I apply it if I dont use some sort of setting spray or setting powder, however I have tried every setting spray possible out there and yes I have found a ton that work great for me , but sometimes buying setting spray so often it can be very costly ,so I thought it would be great to try and make my own to see how well it compared to other setting sprays Ive tried and honestly this work the same and feels the same as the Urban Decay Setting Spray , however Urban Decay's setting does have more ingredients in then what I listen below , but feel free to add aloe , tea tree oil, rose water to your DIY setting spray for more hydrating setting spray.


 What You Will Need: 
  • 1 part pure glycerin (You can find it in the facial care area at your local pharmacy, cooking stores or even craft stores) 
  • 3 parts Filtered water 
  • Something to put it in ( a spray bottle)
   All you do is mix 1/4 glycerin to 3/4 water inside a spray bottle and use. That would be if you have combination skin. If you have oily skin try 1/5 glycerin to 4/5 water and if you have dry skin try using 1/3 part glycerin to 2/3 parts water.

    If you have redness in your skin you can add 1 part rose water, that will also give it a nice rose smell. I like to put one part witch hazel in mine personally because it makes it feel less sticky. If the stickiness is still a problem for you, try just a little rubbing alcohol. 
  
   Glycerin is also used in cooking, many beauty products and medicines. It’s a lubricant, moisturizer, and heals burns.  It is also good for colds. 

For best results, spray in an “X" AND a “T" formation on your face, to cover completely.
 
**This  blog post was not sponsored , However, this is my own opinion and experiences with the products.**    

Please stop by my social media's
  •   Facebook-The Glam Goddess
  • Instagram-_Glam_Goddess_
  • Twitter-Bregal89
  • Youtube-Thebritters89
  • Business Inquiry- Bregal89@yahoo.com
 
Have You Tried A DIY Setting Spray Before ? How Did It Work For You ?

No comments:

Post a Comment