Leopard print was all over the runway this season and what better way to transition a runway look to real-life than by creating a crafty nail trend? Dolce & Gabbana was just one of the designers who sent bold, animal-inspired prints down the runway. We created a similar effect by topping warm gold polish with an innovative new top-coat.
Leopard Print Manicure How-To
1. Lacquer nails with two coats of gold or metallic brown (we like Dior Vernis in City of Gold, $21; dior.com). Allow at least five minutes for the polish to dry completely.
2. Sweep one heavy coat of black shatter polish like OPI nail lacquer in Black Shatter ($9; at Ulta) over the entire nail.
The Trend: Color-Blocking
Color-blocking is one of Spring's most sought-after trends. Jil Sander especially paired plain bold hues to create a colorful spring look. Take this trend from the runway to your fingertips in three easy steps!
Color-Blocking Manicure How-To
1. Apply one coat of magenta (we're loving Estee Lauder nail lacquer in Purple Passion, $19; at Nordstrom) over the entire nail. Let dry.
2. Place a french manicure strip at the bottom third of your nail.
3. Apply green, such as Revlon Top Speed nail enamel in Emerald ($6; at Target), from the strip to the base of the nail.
The Trend: Graphic Stripes
Graphic stripes, like the ones we saw at Prada, are a great way to take a break from all of your monotone and floral dresses this season. Looking to take a break from your usual mani too? Graphic stripes can easily be adapted for a new look for your nails!
Graphic Stripes How-To
1. Sweep one stroke of blue (we like Zoya Nail polish in Breezi, $8; zoya.com) from base to tip along the left half of the nail.
2. Sweep black on the right side. Try Orly Nail polish in Liquid Vinyl, $8; orlybeauty.com.
3. Once polish is completely dry, use a white paint pen like Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in White ($8; at Ulta) to connect the two halves.