Glamie's

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer

No other primers work for you? Meet your new BFF: Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper! Formulated to withstand extreme heat, sweat and even the oiliest of eyelids, this waterproof eyelid primer is guaranteed to keep your eyeshadow on no matter what!
  • Intensifies color
  • Prevents creasing for up 24 hrs
  • Makes your eyeshadow water-proof
  • Remove with oil-based makeup remover or lotion
HOW TO APPLY: Smooth a thin layer over eyelids using a finger tip or a brush. Apply eyeshadow promptly. Enjoy a day of worry-free wear!

Pros:
- It does help eye shadow stay on all day
- prevents creasing
- intensifies colours
- applies silkily onto eye area.
- packaging in the pot means that you can easily get to the last bit of product (unlike UDPP where the last 20% or so can’t be reached by the wand)
Cons:
- Can make certain matte eye shadows difficult to blend.
- product shrinks away from the container after a month.  

 Thoughts-I actually really like the primer. Its color in the pot is nude, but applies clear once you rub it on. A little bit goes a very long way and it works great as a sticky base. Using too much can lead to some eyeshadow migration throughout the day. I loooove the packaging it comes in, the box and the actual primer's, especially the really cute bow decal on the top of the cap. Some people might complain that it is not in the most sanitary packaging, but I don't mind it at all. That issue is easily remedied by using clean fingers and/or brushes for application. The texture is creamy and smooth, and I prefer to use my fingers to melt it across my eyelids when applying. Plus, I like being able to see how much product I have left, which I can't say about either my Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Price wise, it is 17$ for 0.25 oz which is comparable to other primers that are 18$ for 0.34-0.35 oz of product. I like the primer best with loose eyeshadows rather than pressed ones.   


 Have You Tried Lime Crime Products?

2 comments:

  1. :O such cute packaging ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of the best packaged primers I have seen, both wands and pumps just don't give you the right amount of product, or let you get to it all! I might try this one out purely because of that!

    ReplyDelete