Glamie's

Monday, December 3, 2012

Jamberry Nails Review

I recently discovered Jamberry nail shields, and I have to say I was hooked from the start! I have always been someone who likes to do my own nails, but I like to have them done at the salon from time to time as well. I like the additional options that a salon offers, such as airbrushing and French tips , but since salon use so many chemicals on your nails and since  I cannot afford paying salon prices either every time....So, lately I have been looking for some alternatives and look what I came across Jamberry Nails!!
Jamberry Nails are nail shields that adhere to your own fingernails. Three sisters started the company because they wanted to give ladies the look of a high-end salon without the price.Jamberry comes in a WIDE assortment of colors and designs. but if you like bright colors, pastels, designs to fit the season or your mood–Jamberry has something to match just about every personality!
013-3

What Is It 
 It is a vinyl-based film covering that is both heat and pressure activated. They are NOT stickers or decals. Nor are they made of nail polish like the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips.They offer over 150 different designs, and they advertise that you can do 2-3 sets of nails using one sheet of shields
 
How do you apply them?
  1. Use acetone to remove any oils from your nails, lightly buff them if they are really slick...
  2. Once you select what size will fit you best (I found it easiest to cut the strips in half while still applied to the backing sheet), peel it off of the backing with tweezers. This is important because you don't want the oils on your fingers to have contact with the adhesive. (It won't stick to your nail as well.)
  3. Once you are holding just the strip with tweezers, hold it under the warm heat of a blow dryer for 15-20 seconds. The heat activates the adhesive and you can see it start to look more "wet" and the strip almost starts to curl as it gets more flexible.
  4. Then you align it to the cuticle and smooth it onto your nail bed.
  5. Once you get to the free edge, just cut away the excess and lightly file in a downwards motion to match the edge of your nail.
  6. Then press the strip down firmly all over, to ensure good contact.
  7. You can hold your nail under the blow dryer for a few more seconds to heat it again, and apply more pressure
    nnnn

    Staying Power
    Nail shields are made to last up to 2 weeks depending on how active you are with your hands, for some people I'm sure they don't last as long and for some they will last longer then 2 week on your fingers and 6 weeks on toes, also I would apply a tiny amount of nail glue aroun
    d the edges for longer staying power.


    Packaging and Price
    Jamberry Nail Shields are available for $15.00 per sheet , which I think is a great price since you can get about more application out on one sheet of Jamberry Nails.. I love the packaging it come in a sheet form with the Jamberry Nails place in rows , which is very nice and convenient, so there so mess or anything you can do everything right from that sheet of Jamberry Nails .
    My Thoughts- I LOVE them! The application process was easier than expected. My biggest challenge was selecting a strip wide enough to fit my nail. I suppose I’m not the best at estimating but it worked out quite well in the end. My first time from start to finish was about 40 minutes. I am very confidant this will decrease next time. Once on, I wanted to wear them for awhile to see how they held up before posting my review and the results are wonderful. I’ve washed numerous dishes (far too many thanks to cleaner eating) showered many time all to have my Jamberry nail shields remain stunning! I am excited to have a new option when it comes to my nails
    **These products were sent to me by a Jamberry Nails consultant for review, I did not purchase these myself.  However, this is my own opinion and experiences with the products.**
     
    Please stop by me social media's

    Instagram-Bregal89
    Twitter-Bregal89
    Youtube-Thebritters89
    Business Inquiry- Bregal89@yahoo.com
                Have Your Tried Jamberry Nails Before  ?

11 comments:

  1. I have some but havent tried them yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They where kinda tricky ,but i love them after i figured them out !!

      Delete
  2. I have been wearing Jamberry Nails since April 2012 - and have to say the hardest part is figuring out which to try next, there are soooo many designs to choose from. The funnest part is to mix & match for a unique look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing them (and selling them is fun, too!) It's a fun thing for my teenage daughter and I to share. Glad to hear you were happy with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wearing them/selling them and having a blast! Be sure and check out the youtube videos for all the tips/tricks on how to apply them. They really do last for weeks through dishes, hot tubs, beaches and anything you throw their way! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u for the tips Kiersten :) Happy Holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamberry is a life-saver!! My customers LOVE them! helen.jamberrynails.com

    ReplyDelete