Glamie's

Friday, January 27, 2012

Product Review-Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15


 I was like a little kid opening the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation box. And then there was feeling the amazing brush, all I can say is WOW. It should get an award for "best foundation brush." I was hesitant to buy it because I don't like the heavy feel of a full coverage foundation.

 Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation Set ($70 Value)

What it is: A long-lasting foundation powered by Amazonian clay.

What it does: Get 12 hours of flawless coverage with this long-wearing, skin-perfecting formula with UVA/UVB SPF 15. It's full coverage with a weightless texture. With a broad range of shades available and a supremely blendable and buildable formula, everyone can achieve skin that looks healthy and natural.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know: Whether oily, dry or combination, "skin-smart" Amazonian clay will intuitively adjust to meet and address your skin concerns for makeup that wears better, longer, and truer. This revolutionary foundation reduces the appearance of pores, discolorations, and imperfections and ensures a perfectly flawless complexion every time.
The coverage can be applied with the brush it comes with, a densely packed, yet fluffy foundation brush. While this isn't the traditional brush associated with applying foundation, it does a fantastic job of applying an airy amount of foundation
The brush manages to blend out edges and coverage, giving you a semi-matte fuller finish, almost like an airbrushed finish. You can also apply it with a beauty blender to achieve a slightly heavier coverage. Comes in 8 shades, and also formulated without mineral oil, paraben,phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate & cruelty free.

 


BETTER: good-for-you skincare benefits

LONGER:
clinical results- up to 12 hours of perfect wear time

TRUER:
Amazonian clay + pure pigments = truer color

 

My Thoughts-Your relationship with your foundation should be like any other relationship in your life--if it's not working out, don't force it. Every oil skin girl should have this foundation! This gives the most beautiful matte finish ever, and stays that way all day! I am really loving all of Tarte's Amazonian Clay products, but this is pure perfection! This foundation is a very thick consistency (think, clay mask texture). I have been using this daily for just over a month to make sure I get a true sense of how the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation will work for me. Love!!!! As other reviewers have stated, this gives a really nice finish, not necessarily glowy, not dead matte either. It looks very natural and my favorite thing about it is that it doesn't give me that orange/yellowy "edge" right by the bridge of my nose.....not sure if you know what I'm talking about but it seems that with almost any other foundation I use, BE, MAC, etc., no matter now much I blend, I end up with this line where my foundation ends right next to my eyes. Not with this stuff. I vary the application and am still experimenting. I usually start by dotting the foundation with my finger and lightly blending with my fingers, then I use the included brush more to finish it and fully blend
I vary the application and am still experimenting. I usually start by dotting the foundation with my finger and lightly blending with my fingers, then I use the included brush more to finish it and fully blend


What Do You Think Of This Product?




















13 comments:

  1. Love this stuff. I got it in a kit from QVC awhile back and loved it ever since. I actually need to get a new one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried it, sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reallyyyy want to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! Wish we had it in the UK!


    www.freshlookbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this review! I would love to try this foundation as I have oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really cool. Always looking for a good foundation so I'd love to try this!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to check this foundation out. Thanks for the review! I'll have to track it down one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm LOVING this foundation once I got the hang of applying it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review, it sounds like what i've been looking for. BE doesn't seem to last all day, except for where i apply it with the foundation brush, and then it seems to change colors in that area. I might get the ladies at ulta to test this one out on me. thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The foundation brush looks so nice!
    Great post - I've been meaning to find a good foundation :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting this! I've always had a love-hate relationship with foundation, and I have heard good things about Tarte's amazonian clay products but I haven't bought anything yet. This made me really want to try it out! When I run out of foundation, this one is next :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is on my wishlist! I mean that brush... there are no words, it look so amazing! Plus I have combo to oily skin!

    http://www.dianecristi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never even heard of it :) I need a new foundation maybe I should give this a try. XO

    http://n-theworldthroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete