Glamie's

Friday, February 10, 2012

Product Review- One 'N Only Argan Oil Treatment

We’ve all heard the ruckus about Moroccan Oil, and some of the less than stellar knock offs that imitate it, but there is one product that stands up to the hype. This particular treatment is carried by Sally’s Beauty Supply as an alternative to the Moroccan Oil brand. As a fan of Moroccan Oil I can attest to it’s incredible softening and smoothing powers (it contains a small concentration of argan oil).This treatment by one n’ only not only adds shine, softness and improves the manageability of hair, but does it for a fraction of the cost of Moroccan Oil, with nearly identical ingredients and scent.


What Is It - One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment is a non-greasy, alcohol-free formula that is instantly absorbed into the hair, creating brilliant shine without leaving an oily residue.

What Else You Need To Know- One of the world's rarest oils, argan oil is derived from the Argan Tree. Rich in essential fatty acids, Omega 6 and Vitamin E, it is valued for its ability to regenerate and nourish dry and damaged hair. This precious oil eliminates frizz and leaves hair more manageable while helping to protect against damage caused by the environment, chemicals or excessive heat from styling irons and dryers. Provides UV protection and long-term conditioning while reducing split ends and breakage. .Smoothes cuticle for silky, conditioned and healthy looking hair. 

How It Works- Here’s my method:
1. Wash (with a sulfate free shampoo)
2. Condition & rinse with cool water
3. Apply a pea sized amount to palm and work through to ends (avoiding the scalp)

Pros
  • Effective
  • Smells great
  • Easy to use
  • Gentle
  • Good value 

Cons
  • None 

Best Uses
  • Frizziness/flyaway
  • Dry/damaged hair
  • Color-treated hair
  • Normal hair
  • Limpness/lifelessness

 My Thoughts-This product is flat out amazing. I never got into the argan oil hype mostly due to price but I do love Moroccan oil and I didn't think that it was very different from any other serum I have tried since they have all performed relatively the same.I purchased a small bottle of this at Sally's for $6. The first few times I tried it I was not impressed at all. I used it on both damp and dry hair and didn't see much difference in my hair ..I like the scent... it's different from all my other products, kinda musky but doesn't linger too long.I recently purchased a new blowdryer as well with a more powerful cool shot. The last couple of times I washed my hair I applied this product after my hair had dried about half way. I then dry my hair completely on the warm setting, and for the last couple of minutes I blast it with the cool shot. After I did this my hair felt beyond amazing. It was soooo amazingly soft, straight, shiny, and silky I couldn't believe it. This product makes my hair feel better than protein treatments and makes it look better than any other serum I've tried (and I've tried a lot of them).The best result is that it makes my hair look better for days. With other products I need to wash my hair more frequently because it loses moisture so quickly and I end up with a brittle, dry, tangled mess. This product keeps my hair smooth and shiny for days. I will absolutely repurchase a larger bottle next time. Even though it's expensive I feel this product is worth the price.

Where To Buy - Ulta, Sally's Beauty Supply Store.

Have You Tried This Oil ? What Is Your Favorite Oil Treatment ?





9 comments:

  1. it awesome stuff... hope u get it and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use this everyday,love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this in my life. Thank you for sharing.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this out! It look so good. Thanks for visiting, commenting, and following my blog =-)

    www.mayrabarragan90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been interested in this, but never gotten it! I really should though!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely 1 of the best most amazing products I have ever used on my hair!!! I have long thin hair that tends to frizz out at the ends! I can honestly say I have never had shiny ends before in my life until I used this product!!! for cbest results when using this try using the organix shampoo a nd conditiinner line! there are all different types and they're sulfate free which is very healthy for your hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this, and love it. But I can only apply this to damp hair because my hair is so fine. It gets greasy if I use it any other way, I don't even apply it anywhere near my scalp either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!
    I bought it, and it is a really good product.

    ReplyDelete